Growth will accelerate marginally in the Caribbean region amid still-favorable, but slower, global growth and ongoing recoveries in hurricane-stricken and commodity-exporting economies. Normalizing tourism flows will support growth, as the all-important sector’s carrying capacity has been largely re-established in major destinations.
Meanwhile, foreign investment is expected to remain steady amid numerous government initiatives, greater construction activity, new energy projects, and developments in the region’s tourism sector, which will surface business opportunities for MNCs in 2019. However, a slowing growth outlook for the key US economy will limit the upside for major external tailwinds. MNCs will continue to face hurdles when doing business in the region – challenging operating environments, structural problems, and economic vulnerabilities will continue to restrain growth from reaching high levels across many markets.
What you will learn
- Key trends to watch in the region through 2019
- Downside, base case, and upside scenarios of the region’s economy
- Actions that your business can take to stay ahead of the curve
What you will receive
- Immediate access to the 52-page PDF report
- Exclusive email updates covering emerging markets business topics
- Special discounts on future report purchases