Ecuador’s economy will expand by a weak 0.6% in 2019 as President Lenin Moreno’s administration continues to push an ambitious but painful effort to shift away from an unsustainable state-led growth model. A major IMF deal is enhancing the government’s credibility to lead this charge, but frontloaded and unpopular structural adjustments will restrain growth and generate risks of social unrest.
The government is expected to continue to implement key reforms using its new legislative coalition to improve the market’s long-term fundamentals and encourage the private sector’s development. This is being received well by the business community and will slowly create new opportunities for multinationals, but key risks should be monitored.
What you will learn
- Key trends to watch in the region through 2019
- Downside, base case, and upside scenarios of the region’s economy
- Industry-specific impacts of key trends on your business
What you will receive
- Immediate access to the 19-page PDF report
- Exclusive email updates covering emerging markets business topics
- Special discounts on future report purchases